Two Worship Gatherings!
Faith Church is excited to announce that, beginning on September 16th, we will offer two identical worship gatherings every Sunday morning:
9:00 a.m. Worship Gathering
10:15 to 10:45 Coffee & Connect
10:45 a.m. Worship Gathering
If you missed Pastor Derek's announcement during his sermon on June 17th, here's how to listen to it - Go to this sermon and skip ahead to the 30:15 mark.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why do we need another worship gathering?
- Our mission! We are convinced that this will help us better fulfill the mission God has called us to! Faith Church exists to make the rescuing and transforming grace of Jesus known near and far! We believe that offering two worship gatherings is an important part of helping more people meet and follow Jesus.
- Attend one, serve one! Adding a second worship gathering will make it easier for you to be part of the team that is serving Jesus by serving others. We need your help and now you can serve on Sunday mornings without missing out on the worship gathering.
- Limited space! On many Sundays, seating in the worship center is limited. If a group of guests arrive right at (or just after) 10:30 a.m., it can be difficult to find multiple seats together without being ushered to the front few rows. More often than not, less than 30% of our chairs are empty. While that may sound like plenty of room, consider that many of those open chairs are located in the less popular first few rows. Think of it like going to see a movie and arriving to a 70-80% full theater… for many people, that feels awkward and uncomfortable.
- Welcoming Guests! As we invite our friends and family members to join us on Sunday mornings, we want to be as welcoming as possible. Adding a second worship gathering will create more space for our guests and give them options. Now they can sleep in and come to church OR come to church and still make it to lunch at grandma’s house. It is also our prayerful hope that offering two gatherings will make it possible for more people to worship with us more often.
- Growing Church, Growing City! We feel this will help us accommodate the steady growth that our church family is experiencing. Our average Sunday morning attendance has increased in each of the past three years. Plus, recent census data indicates that Dallas is the 9th-fastest growing city in Oregon. Let’s be ready to warmly welcome and draw people into our family!
2. Will Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF) classes continue?
Absolutely! ABF classes can certainly continue meeting. Each class could meet during one worship gathering (9:00 or 10:45 a.m.) and then attend the other. Check with your ABF leaders.
3. How will Sunday mornings look for Faith Kids (age zero through 5th grade)?
As we support families in raising children to know and follow Jesus, we will offer children’s ministry care/classes for infants through 5th grade during both morning worship gatherings.
4. What about Faith Middle School Students (6th-8th grade)?
As we support families in raising children to know and follow Jesus, we want our middle schoolers to know they are an important part of our church family. So we encourage them to worship with the rest of our church family at either 9:00 or 10:45 a.m. Pastor Aaron and his team will also offer a middle school class during the 9:00 a.m. worship gathering. Plus, the middle school group will continue gathering on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
5. What about Faith High School Students (9th-12th grade)?
As we help our teenagers meet and follow Jesus, we will urge them to worship with the rest of their church family during one worship gathering (9:00 or 10:45 a.m.) and to consider serving Jesus by serving others during the other gathering. In addition, the high school group will continue to connect with God and each other on Sunday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
6. When will I get to see others in my church family?
Our church family is large enough that, even when we are all in the same room together, we don't really know or get time with everyone else. Therefore, we encourage you to utilize other opportunities to stay connected with others; food and fellowship time between worship gatherings, serving on a team with others, joining a small group, etc. Speaking of small groups, watch for information on new groups that will be forming this fall!
7. What can I do to help?
Pray! We need your prayers. Please pray for our leaders as they continue the planning and preparation for adding another worship gathering. Pray for people to step up and serve. Begin praying for people that you will invite to join us on Sunday mornings. And, most importantly, ask God to continue working in and through Faith Church for His glory! Pray that our church family will be conduits of God’s love, proclaiming the Good News of Jesus in all that we do and say.
Serve Jesus by serving others. There will definitely be a big need for more people to jump in and serve. Are YOU ready and willing to be part of our Sunday morning volunteer team? If so, let us know via Connect Card or by contacting the church office, and we will let you know how you can help! Also, keep an eye out for the list of volunteer opportunities that we publish occasionally.
8. If I have questions or thoughts, who do I talk to?
Please feel free to speak directly with any of our staff members or elders. You are also welcome to submit questions/comments via signed notes or Connect Cards.
More in Blog
August 15, 2018New Staff, Worship Pastor Search and an Ordination!
June 28, 2018Two Worship Gatherings!
May 29, 2018Coming Additions to our Staff Team!